I have problems with wildlife, can Animal Control help?
No, in order to handle wildlife, you must be properly trained and licensed to do so. We recommend calling the Wildlife Rescue Center 631-728-4200 for injured wildlife (free services); Dell Cullum for nuisance or injured wildlife 631-377-6555 (paid services) or The Riverhead Marine Research program for any concerns with marine life, such as beached or sick seals 631-369-9829 (free services).

Show All Answers

1. How do I license my dog?
2. Is there a leash law?
3. What happens to dogs that are picked up by Animal Control?
4. Can I bring my dog to the beach?
5. I lost my dog, what should I do?
6. My dog has been impounded by Animal Control; how do I get my dog back?
7. How much are the redemption fees?
8. What if my dog’s rabies vaccine is expired and my dog is impounded?
9. Are there any laws about dogs barking?
10. I have problems with wildlife, can Animal Control help?
11. Does Animal Control handle calls regarding cats, either domestic or feral?
12. What do I do if I find a dog after hours?
13. Where can I take my dog in an after-hours emergency?
14. Does Animal Control offer any low cost spaying, neutering or vaccinations?
15. How do I file a dog related complaint?
16. How do I have a summons filed against a dog owner regarding a dog complaint?
17. What do I do if I have been bitten by a dog?