- Lt. Lee Hayes Youth Park
Lt. Lee Hayes Youth Park
Description of Park
Located at the corner of Town Lane and Abrahams Path, this facility offers a multitude of activities including tennis with two courts, an oval track for walking, jogging, rollerblading, etc., an in-line youth hockey rink, a basketball court, a playground, a skateboard park which includes a half-pipe and rails for grinding, picnic tables and a club house, ADA accessible rest rooms with changing table and parking.
The park is dedicated to Lieutenant Lee Archer Hayes. Lee Hayes was an Amagansett resident and a member of the 477th Bombardment Group with the famed Tuskegee Airmen, the first all-black aviators in the U.S. military.
To learn more about Lt. Lee Hayes please click here.
- Monday- Sunday (weather permitting)
- Weekdays – After school until dusk
- Weekends and Holidays – 9am until dusk (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s)
- Summer (mid-June – Labor Day) - 9am until dusk
Address: 206 Town Lane, Amagansett, NY 11930 Google Maps
- This park is provided exclusively for children through grade 12
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult
- Adults must be accompanied by a child to play tennis or basketball
- A helmet is required to ride in the park
- Helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, proper shoes are required to skate on the ramps
- No bikes in ramp area
- No food or beverage allowed in the ramp area
- Recklessness will not be tolerated
- All injuries must be reported to the staff
- No alcohol, tobacco, or any illegal substance allowed on the premises
- No trespassing when gates are closed
- Rule violators will lose privileges
- No dogs allowed
- No skateboarding, rollerblading, biking, or scootering on the tennis courts or basketball courts
- Rollerblading permitted in the hockey rink, but not skateboarding, biking or scootering
- All borrowed equipment must be returned to the office
- Skate at Your Own Risk
*Additional park rules are posted in the park for the tennis and basketball courts, hockey rink, and playground area.