South Fork Wind Farm
The 132 MW offshore wind farm will address East Hampton's energy needs, producing enough clean energy to power 70,000 homes. The wind farm will be located 35 miles east of Montauk Point and the underground transmission line will deliver power to the local grid in the Town of East Hampton. Construction started in February of 2022.
Helpful Resources and Information
- South Fork Wind Farm Pile Driving Activity
- South Fork Wind Onshore Construction Virtual Open House Recording
- Sign up for Weekly Construction Updates (construction anticipated to begin Feb. 2022)
- NYS Department of Public Service Filings and Project Plans
- State and Federal Permit Information
- Town of East Hampton South Fork Wind Host Community Agreement
- Host Community Agreement
- South Fork Wind Well Monitoring Summary-February 21,2022
- South Fork Wind Soil Sampling Results
- South Fork Wind has sampled soil for PFAS compounds within the cable corridor. As shown in the charts and tables, every soil sample has found levels below NYSDEC’s unrestricted guidelines of 0.88 parts per billion (ppb) for PFOS and 0.66 ppb for PFOA, which are NYSDEC’s most stringent parameters. As also shown in the chart, the only constituent in SFW’s soil samples that exceeded NYSDEC’s criteria was iron, which is a metal that occurs naturally in Long Island soils.