Details and Forms
The Town of East Hampton Septic Rebate Program is available for eligible residential and commercial property owners who replace their existing septic system with a Suffolk County Department of Health Services approved Low-Nitrogen System.
Eligible Property Owners are defined as residential property owners who meet the Basic STAR income eligibly requirements contained in §425 of the New York State Real Property Tax Law (less than $500,000 annual income); and owners of property used for non-residential purposes.
Rebate Program schedule is as follows;
- Eligible owners in the Water Protection District may receive a rebate for 100% of the approved costs associated with replacing a septic system with a Low-Nitrogen System, with a maximum rebate of $16,000.
- Eligible owners in all other areas of the Town of East Hampton may receive a rebate for 75% of the approved costs associated with replacing a septic system with a Low-Nitrogen System, with a maximum rebate of $10,000.
- Eligible owners who meet the income/asset requirements for Affordable Housing may receive 100% of the costs, with a maximum rebate of $16,000.
- New construction is not eligible for a rebate
- Residential property owners must have a supply the first two pages of owner(s)’ latest year’s tax return (Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, or IT-201) indicating Federal Adjusted Gross Income of the property owner(s) (married or single) less than or equal to $500,000/year. Please be sure to remove your social security number
- There must be a valid certificate of occupancy (CO) issued by the Town or Village of residence.
To complete the process you must submit with your final application the following documents;
- Copy of Property Deed
- Proof of Homeowner’s Insurance
- Copy of Certificate of Occupancy
- First two pages of property owner(s)’ latest year’s tax return