- Application is accepted.
- Application will be screened for income qualifications. Income includes: wages, tips, salary,alimony payments, etc, plus a percentage calculation of all assets. The home to be improved and automobiles are not considered assets for this program.
- Priority is given to specific emergency repairs.
- Individuals will be placed on a waiting list based on the information on their preliminary application.
- Once an applicant’s name comes up on the list, income and assets will be verified, income tax returns and W-2 forms will be required.
- The most recent tax bill and a copy of the deed will be required.
- Once the documentation is provided an inspector will come to the home and determine the scope of the work needed and estimate the cost of each item.
- Files will be reviewed to determine what kind of assistance will be offered.
- The town will select three contractors from a list, solicit bids and choose a contractor.
- The contractor chosen will work directly with the homeowner following the guidelines and contract set by East Hampton Town and the County of Suffolk.
For more Information: Please email Francis Bock