The Town Clerk announces that on March 7, 2019 the Town Code Legislation on Beach Parking and Beach Driving Permits changed. Resident permits will now expire on the 31st of December in the years ending in a 0 or 5. Resident permits will still be issued free of charge. All current resident permits will expire December 31, 2020. The Clerk’s Office now has available the new permits. They can be obtained at the Clerk’s Office on Pantigo Road, the annex at the Montauk Playhouse, or by mail, all with proper documentation. For further information please call the office at (631) 324-4142.
Permits & Services
The Town Clerks serves as record keeper of all Town Board meetings, posts notices, and keeps minutes of those Board Meetings. The Town Clerk’s office also issues the following permits and services on behalf of East Hampton Town:
- Beach Parking, Beach Driving, Shellfish and Recycling permits
- Contractor Licenses
- Disability Parking permits
- Dog licenses
- Special Events and Filming permits
- Marriage licenses
- Mooring permits(outside waters only)
- Music Permits
- Peddlers and Taxi Licenses
- Registrar of Vital Statistics (marriage, birth and death records)
- DEC Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Duck Blind permits (outside waters only)
- F.O.I.L Requests
The Montauk Annex was created with the intention of bringing many of the services that the Town Clerk’s office offers to the residents and visitors of Montauk. This year the Montauk Annex will be offering the following services;
- Beach parking, beach driving, shellfish and recycling permits.
- Disability parking permits
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions section for further information on how to obtain permits and other services offered by the Town Clerk's office.
2019 Saturday hours will begin on Saturday March 23rd and will continue every week until Saturday June 22nd. Please be advised that Saturday hours will be the following;
Town Hall - 9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M
Montauk Annex - 9:30 A.M - 11:30 A.M